on 17 Dec, 2009 06:14 PM
Thankyou for the fast reply. I was just going to leave it
updated with the Bioware program but decided to run it with
DAModder 2-1-2 from the DANexus site to see if that works as you
suggested. It did without issue. Attached is the new AddOns.xml
file that the stable release created that works.
Again, thank you for the reply. I think its about time I put a
donation into the project.
I'm running 2.2.5 and can't get it to save my backup settings.
I'd want it to either backup 4 lastest saves or not backup at all.
I have to wait few minutes before it launches because it's backing
up 100+ MB of my saves.
I'm not sure what you mean by "or not backup at all".
If you set your default settings to backup saved games, and
limit to 4 custom saves, then each time you start DAModder, it is
going to back up all your auto and quick saves, and up to 4 custom
saves, for each character. That is going to take some time at each
install mod fileBrowser_Install will now display all supported
mod archives for selection, rather than having to choose between
DAZIP or ZIP
New installation wizard will now properly halt installation
upon certain errors or user cancellation. This fixes issue #117
DAModder will now detect corrupted encoding in the AddIns.xml
file and reconstruct the file automatically, using known good data
to reconstruct the data for Bioware DLCs. 3rd party mods with
language data other than English will most likely already be
missing data and should be reinstalled.
Sorry for the major delay in response to this. My computer's
power supply died a few weeks ago and I just got the replacement
installed last night.
I will take a look at reproducing the bug.
As for disabling the automatic backup, that's really not a very
safe thing to do. If your AddIns.xml file gets corrupted for any
reason, and you don't have a backup, then none of your addins will
work, including the official DLC, and the toolset won't function
properly as well.
The minimum backup settings simply backup this file, along with
a couple other small files, and takes almost no time or space.
Until this bug is fixed, you can clear your DAModder settings by
deleting the settings file. The exact location of the file may vary
slightly based on what version of Windows you use, but the location
will look something like this:
`C:\Documents and Settings\John\Local Settings\Application
In there you will find a folder with the version of DAModder you
are running. Open that folder and delete the .config file you see
in there to clear all your settings.
Question: I managed to fix the issues with my addins.xml by
simply using wordpad to do a "Save As", and specifying the encoding
as UTF-8. It maintained most of the UTF-8 characters too.
Could you point me to a addins.xml that this doesn't work?
I've done something similar in Java before, due to work, where
we deal with UTF-8 character encoding with 12 different languages,
and there were corruptions in data that was uploaded. Re-encoding
the strings as read tended to solve most issues to boot.
i am new to this but i am haveing trouble installing a mod that has options to it when i get it istalled and try to configure the mod i dont have the option it is grayed out i dont know if i am doing something wrong or it it is a defect in the mod manager also are you going to write a pdf file for instructions on how to use the mod manager if so please post a link to the down load as well gould you please post a link to the most curren version of the mod manager thank you