It opens a window that says "One moment please" in the title
bar, saying it's going to create a backup. I then receive a
microsoft error report window. The details show the error
Ok that gives me some information. Somewhere i'm trying to open
a file or path that doesn't exist. Although I thought I had all
those wrapped, its possible I missed one.
Question is if its in the backup system, or not. Can you please
look in My Documents and see if there is a DAModder folder. If
there is, look in My Documents\DAModder\Backup and see if there are
any files in there. If so, let me know what files.
Chris when you get a chance, please download Beta 2.1. It will
most likely still crash, but I have added huge
amounts of logging that will help me track down what is going
wrong. After running it you will find a file called "damodder.log"
in the same folder you have the program in. Post that as an
attachment here for me please.
I am also having problems with DAModder crashing whenever I try
to run it. This is true with both v2.0 and v2.1 beta. I am
attaching a copy of my AddIns.xml file. Also a copy of the error
screen I receive is attached. Also, I looked in My Documents and
verified that there is a DAModder folder there. I looked in My
Documents\DAModder\Backup to see if there are any files in there,
but it was empty. Also, I have attached my damodder.log as well.
Hope that this helps.
Please update to Beta 2.1.1, just released, to see if it helps
this problem any. Honestly I don't know if it will because I
couldn't really find any bad code in the area shown in the log, but
I cleaned some stuff up and re-arranged the code a bit to be more
efficient. Maybe we'll get lucky :D
Just to update on the progress of this issue, there actually
appears to be two different bugs happening here.
The first is the invalid XML problem, which the more I research
appears to be a Microsoft bug that is annoying the hell out of me.
The XML parser aborts saying certain characters are not valid XML,
yet when I look at the characters, they are valid Unicode
characters, and they are in the valid range for the XML 1.0
The problem with this though is that if I can't get the XML
parser to work, i'm faced with having to write my own parser from
scratch which really sucks. But if that is what I end up having to
do, then I will. It will just take some time.
The other issue at hand here is a really odd issue with the
application crashing when performing the automatic backup. I say
odd because I can't see any reason for the crash. At present i'm
really hoping that 2.1.1 fixes it, but I doubt it. Michael and
Thomas are both experiencing this issue so I need to find out if it
still happens or not in 2.1.1 before proceeding.
Well the backup system is very robust, and can do lots of
things, but when the program first starts it automatically creates
a very basic backup session to backup your game settings.
Specifically the files: AddIns.xml, Offers.xml, DAModder.xml &
DragonAge.ini If you look in the log near the end where it crashes
you can actually see the file references. Beyond that once you are
actually in the program, you can create new backup sessions that
are customizable and allow you to backup things like saved games
and installed mods.
I have the latest version of .NET , which I believe is 3.5